To facilitate the preparations for the GCE N Levels Mother Tongue Listening Comprehension Examinations, the school will dismiss all students at 12:55 pm.
All students not taking the Listening Comprehension examinations will be expected to vacate the school by 2 pm.
We wish all students taking the MTL Listening Comprehension Examinations all the best.
Presbyterian High School
MOE Press Release: Well-being of students remains priority as schools reopen
1. As schools reopen tomorrow, parents can rest assured that the Ministry of Education (MOE) and schools are ready to respond and take appropriate haze management measures, taking guidance from the Ministry of Health’s advisory (www.moh.gov.sg/haze).
2. All classrooms of primary and secondary schools, MOE Kindergartens and Special Education (SPED) schools have been equipped with air purifiers to enhance the well-being of students during a haze situation.
3. Teachers will also be on the lookout for students who are unwell or have pre-existing lung or heart conditions. As children respond differently to haze, parents should ensure their children have their medication, such as inhalers for asthma, with them. You may refer to https://www.moe.gov.sg/haze-management-measures for more information on schools’ haze management plans.
4. As was the case in 2015, we will consider closing schools when the air quality forecast for the next day is ‘Hazardous’ (24-hour PSI>300). In making any decision to close schools, MOE is mindful of the disruptions to families’ care arrangements for their child, and will take into consideration all available information, health advisories and forecasts from the relevant authorities regarding the next day’s haze situation.
5. Should school closures coincide with national examinations such as the PSLE, the affected examination papers will be rescheduled and the examination period extended.