Greetings from Preshigh!
We have received requests from some of you enquiring whether you could visit the teachers on the eve of Teachers’ Day on 1 Sep 2022.
Please note that the teachers will be engaged in the Teachers’ Day Celebrations, and they will report off duty after the student dismissal at 10.30 am on that day. Hence, please make personal arrangements with them if you intend to visit them in school to express your gratitude and appreciation. For security reasons, visitors will only be allowed into the school premises from 10.45 am.
Should you visit the school, please come in your current school uniform or smart causal attire with covered shoes. After registration at the guardroom, please proceed and gather at the canteen. Your teachers will be meeting you there. Please avoid crowding outside the General Office and staffrooms.
We seek your cooperation on this matter.
In partnership with you,
Mrs Angeline Chan
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Below is the link to the 'Live' recording of the Subject Combination Briefing.
You can access our FAQ here
Dear Teachers, Parents and Guardians,
You are invited to nominate outstanding Malay Language teachers for the Arif Budiman Malay Language Teacher Award (AGAB) 2022. The award aims to recognise Malay Language teachers in primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and the Millennia Institute, who have made significant contributions to the teaching of the Malay Language.
The Arif Budiman Malay Language Teacher Award nominations are now open and will close on 1 April 2022. Hardcopy nomination forms are available at the General Office. Alternatively, nominations may be made online via https://go.gov.sg/agab2022.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
You can find the video highlights at the link below for our recent Secondary One Induction Programme.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In light of the COVID-19 situation, school has reviewed and streamlined the purchase of textbooks/uniforms to shorten the duration and number of parents/guardians that need to be in school. The reduction in human traffic is part of the safe management measures in school.
Please refer to the school website for the instruction sheet, the book lists and user guides for online purchase of textbooks and uniforms.
Online Purchase: The bookshop and uniform vendors have upgraded their online portals. Parents/Guardians are strongly encouraged to place your orders online.
Onsite Purchase for Bookshop: All collections or onsite purchases from the school bookshop will be strictly based on the scheduled appointment with the school bookshop. Please make an appointment through the bookshop’s website.
We seek your understanding and cooperation to follow the instructions to keep our students and staff safe.
Thank you for your partnership and support.
Information for online purchase of textbooks and uniform:
1. Every year, two national awards are given out to teachers in Singapore to recognise their professional excellence. They are the President’s Award for Teachers (PAT) and the Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA).
2. The President’s Award for Teachers (PAT) gives national recognition to experienced teachers for their dedication and hard work in developing our young. These teachers prepare students for life, as well as model commitment to continuous learning and enterprise. They inspire both their students and peers through their words and deeds. Nomination for PAT 2022 is now open and will close on Tuesday, 25 January 2022.
3. The Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) seeks to recognise excellent young teachers for their youthful idealism, energy, enthusiasm and active involvement in the development of youths. Educators who are 35 years and younger are eligible for the award. For OYEA 2022, it is open to educators who are born on or after 30 June 1987. Nomination for OYEA 2022 is now open and will close on Wednesday, 12 January 2022.
4. We would like to invite you and your child/ward to submit your nomination(s) for any deserving teacher(s) whom you know by clicking on the URLs or scanning the QR codes below.
5. For queries and/or feedback about the awards, please send them to MOE_AST_PAT@moe.gov.sg (PAT 2022) or MOE_AST_OYEA@moe.gov.sg (OYEA 2022).
6. Thank you for your support in recognising the good work of our teachers!
Please be informed of the following information:
The school has scheduled pupil release days on 11 Oct (Monday), 12 Oct (Tuesday) and 22 Oct (Friday). Students need not report to school unless advised.
- From 18 Oct to 27 Oct (excluding 22 October), dismissal time for Sec 1 to Sec 3 :
Sec 1 at 12.20pm
Sec 2 at 12.30pm
Sec 3 at 12.40pm
- This is to cater to the conducting of GCE O-level written examinations.
- On 28 Oct, the school holds its End-Of-Year Service. Students will be dismissed at about 10am.
- On 29 Oct is our Parent-Teacher Conference. More information will be provided nearer to date.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) have put in place arrangements for the coming national examinations for those who may be affected by COVID-19.
[Special Consideration (SC)]
We understand that parents and students may be concerned about the impact on their child if they miss the national examinations due to COVID-19 reasons. We would like to assure you that candidates who miss any national examination paper(s) with valid reasons can apply for SC. SC is not a new practice. All SC applications are assessed on each case’s merit, and we will ensure that the grades awarded are as accurate and fair as possible. You can approach your child’s school for assistance with regards to the SC application.
[Candidates on Quarantine Order (QO) who want to take the national examinations]
While SC will be applied to cases with valid reasons, there may be some candidates who are on QO but still wish to take the national examinations. For this group of candidates, the Ministry of Health has approved a set of procedures for them to apply for leave from QO so that they can sit for their national examinations. This is an additional option made available to all national examination candidates this year. If your child is issued a QO, please inform your child’s school immediately so that the school can work with you to make the necessary arrangements.
Please see attachments for details on the arrangements and updates to the arrangements for candidates on Approved Absence. MOE and SEAB will monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and provide updates if there are further changes.
MOE FAQs: COVID-19 related matters
We are glad to inform you that the PHS Graduation Day 2021 will be held on
24th September 2021, Friday, at Presbyterian High School.
In view of the Covid-19 situation, we are unable to host an annual Graduation Night for our graduating students. Nonetheless, this tea event will include elements of Graduation Service and Graduation Night and it will be planned by the Sec 4/5 Consortium.
On 24th September, Sec 4/5 students need not report to school in the morning. They will report by 2.00pm.They will proceed to their allocated classrooms on Level 1 and Level 2. They will be required to be in their school attire. The event will end at about 4.00pm after which the dismissal of the classes will be staggered.
As part of Safe Management Measures (SMM), students are expected to perform a wipe down of their tables in the classrooms and a temperature check will be mandatory. All students will be discouraged from mingling with peers from other classes and to exercise safe distancing from one another in class.
Graduation Day 2021 will be sponsored by the school. Light snacks and drinks will be packed in individual servings for all students. An exciting programme has been planned to mark their graduation with a well-deserved and relaxing afternoon.
I thank you for allowing your child/ward to journey with us through these years in Presbyterian High School. On behalf of the school, I wish them all the best in their upcoming examinations!
Dear Parent / Guardian,
To minimise the intermingling of students across levels, the recess timing for students will continue to be staggered for different levels. To ensure sufficient timing for recess break, the timing of the CL/ML/HCL paper 2 will start on 11.15 am on Wednesday, 29 September 2021.
The revised End-Of-Year Examination schedule for Sec 2 is attached for your reference.
Thank you for your support and partnership.
This is to inform that the Sec 1 SA2 Chinese Language Oral Exam will be conducted in school on the following dates:
Sec 1 Basic Chinese (BCL) & Sec 1 Chinese (NA)
– 17 Sep (Friday) from 12.45 PM
Sec 1 Higher Chinese (HCL)
– 17 Sep (Friday) from 2.15 PM
Sec 1 Chinese (EXP)
– 21 Sep (Tuesday) from 1.05 PM